- Counting down to getting some answers
- Promotion to first grade!!!!!
- Going ahead with first grade nervously
- Doing my homework for the new school year
- Academically ready for first grade but………..
- Slowly adjusting to Mike being held back for next year
- The question of first grade could be answered soon
- New research making me think deeper about next year
- Getting nervous about next year
- Meeting declared a success
Monthly Archives: November 2013
I have read everywhere that today’s kindergarten is yesterday’s first grade. I have accepted this based on what Mike is learning and doing in kindergarten. This past weekend, I had a chance to go through my memory boxes. Luckily, my … Continue reading
Patterns have been dragging down Mike’s math grade since September. I think I have finally found a way to help Mike. His wonderful preschool teacher bought him Scholastic patterns learning mats and Mini-Dino Counters to help Mike with patterns. I am surviving this … Continue reading
For the first time in two years, a parent-teacher conference didn’t make me cry. I am thrilled to hear that Mike is academically slightly below the middle of his class as the youngest student. In preschool, Mike stood out as the … Continue reading