- Counting down to getting some answers
- Promotion to first grade!!!!!
- Going ahead with first grade nervously
- Doing my homework for the new school year
- Academically ready for first grade but………..
- Slowly adjusting to Mike being held back for next year
- The question of first grade could be answered soon
- New research making me think deeper about next year
- Getting nervous about next year
- Meeting declared a success
Monthly Archives: September 2013
Mike is cruising through phonics worksheets in kindergarten. He was exposed to letter sounds in his pre-k class but I don’t think he really picked up the material in class. Thanks to a $2 DVD, Mike is my little expert … Continue reading
I am nervous every day during the week when school ends after 3 p.m. Mike has been doing so well. All the stress of worrying all summer about whether Mike will do well in kindergarten. It is hard to stop worrying. … Continue reading
This past January, my husband and I agreed that we would enroll Mike in kindergarten for the fall and hold a spot in the preschool as a backup plan. The preschool’s director disagreed. She thought he would be better off … Continue reading
I knew the mistake I made after I had a parent-teacher conference about Mike in February 2012. I didn’t take preschool serious enough. I allowed my son to skip preschool to visit his grandparents out-of-town because it was “stressful” at … Continue reading
I really did not think five years ago that my baby Mike would be in kindergarten today. I was told sending a boy born in the summer to kindergarten at age 5 would spell disaster. But the years went by … Continue reading